fingerprint mouse.

Tim May tcmay at got.net
Sat Dec 9 00:45:21 PST 2000

At 12:30 AM -0800 12/9/00, Ray Dillinger wrote:
>On Fri, 8 Dec 2000, Anonymous wrote:
>
>>update HONG KONG--Siemens has a solution for people who constantly
>>forget computer passwords: a mouse that recognizes fingerprints.
>>

>>By lightly tapping the fingertip sensor located at the top of the
>>mouse, the device verifies the fingerprint against reference
>>templates already input into the PC's system. Once a fingerprint is
>>authenticated, the person can then access the PC's main operating
>>system.
>
>Oh, right.  And nobody could *possibly* dust it for fingerprints,
>etch a fingerprint
>into a rubber pad, and tap the rubber pad on the sensor.  That might
>take what,
>a whole hour?

Less, for a black bag agent. And black bag entries are becoming a
standard, court-authorized measure.

I wonder how long before a court-authorized measure will be simply
mugging a target and cutting off his ID finger.

When government adopts the MO of the thief, all things are possible.

--Tim May

--
(This .sig file has not been significantly changed since 1992. As the
election debacle unfolds, it is time to prepare a new one. Stay tuned.)