Jesus is my armourer.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Sat May 8 00:28:39 PDT 1999

School shooter hopes to be pastor
 From correspondents in San Diego, USA
19aug02
IN a jailhouse interview, a teenager serving 50 years for a deadly high
school shooting spree has said he takes full responsibility for the rampage.
"I blame myself," Charles "Andy" Williams, 16, told the San Diego
Union-Tribune.
"The school didn't put the gun in my hand. I don't want to blame anybody."
Williams pleaded guilty in June to the March 2001 shooting rampage at
Santana High School that killed 14-year-old Bryan Zuckor and 17-year-old
Randy Gordon.
Thirteen others were wounded.
He was sentenced to 50 years in prison last week, and will be eligible for
parole in 2051, when he's 65.
The youngster said it was difficult to sit through the sentencing hearing,
listening to speeches from more than a dozen victims and relatives of victims.
"I'm glad they said what they wanted to say and get it off their chests,"
he said.
Though he did not want to answer questions about the shooting, documents
released last week painted a picture of a depressed, alienated boy who was
bullied and taunted by friends. Prosecutors, however, said Williams coolly
planned the assault, shooting classmates as they ran in terror.
Williams said his life at Juvenile Hall has generally been good, and that
he has read 159 books and carries a 3.09 grade-point average. In court
papers, Williams said he hopes to get a college degree in theology and
become a pastor in prison.
He also said he worried about turning 18 and transferring to a maximum
security prison. "I'm scared because I don't know anyone up there, and I
don't know what to expect," he said.
Williams said he was surprised so many people had written him letters and
posted messages of support on the internet.
"They're nice people. I'm glad they're doing it," he said. "But I don't
think I deserve it. I wouldn't write to me."
Going Postal?
http://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,5478,4925847%255E662,00.html
ONE sheet of toilet paper, use less sunscreen and don't lose pens . . . the
dispute between Australia Post and its staff has hit a new low in pettiness.
A New South Wales Central Coast area manager has allegedly advised workers
"one sheet is enough" when it comes to the company's amenities.
Melbourne call centre worker Cori Girondoudas was docked $3000 for
breaching company policy by having more than three personal photographs on
her desk.
Sydney worker Richard O'Brien was ordered to take sick leave because
management declared at 177kg he was 40kg overweight to complete his duties.