Approximately 70% of the world's lotteries at risk from obsolete tech.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Fri Apr 30 16:54:09 PDT 1999

 >>Frank Groneman, a network-security engineer at Gtech Corp., a Rhode
Island firm that provides high-tech services for approximately 70% of the
world's lotteries, says that Security University courses gave him the
hands-on experience that he was looking for. "I learn by doing," he says.
"I can watch people put up slides all day, but it doesn't really sink in."
Like many other firms with high-level security needs, Gtech encourages
staffers to keep up to speed on the latest advancements -- or risks -- in
the field. "We need to have absolute security," Groneman says. "One
transaction could be worth $200 million to $300 million." <<
RSA Selected by GTECH Corporation to Provide Encryption ...
... Developers at GTECH Corp. used RSA’s BSAFE™ cryptography engine to
build security
into the company’s PRO:SYS on-line lottery system. ... GTECH Corp. GTECH
Corp. ...
www.rsasecurity.com/news/pr/980331-2.html - 20k - Cached - Similar pages
Obsolete? "The most trusted name in e-security?" Surely some mistake! No.
Quantum Random Number Generator

Quantum Key Distribution

Single Photon Counting Module
FROM