Hollywood-Mafia Links slammed.

Matthew X profrv at nex.net.au
Wed Apr 28 19:06:17 PDT 1999

Bollywood,sorry...Mumbai police chief slams film stars

PTI [ FRIDAY, AUGUST 09, 2002 11:38:25 PM ]
MUMBAI: The Mumbai police today rapped a section of film industry for their
"nexus" with the underworld, saying threat to the stars was due to their
own involvement and hobnobbing with underworld dons."They go to Dubai on
chartered flights, entertain the dons. All these threats are because of
this", city Police Commissioner M N Singh told newsmen here."Masala toh
filmi hai (the plot is real fit enough for making films)", he said adding
that the very idea to do films on dons like Chhota Shakeel or the
now-famous J J Hospital shootout was unfortunate and not in good taste."On
one side, we are fighting and police are sacrificing lives, on the other
hand some people want to do films on dons and encounters and make money",
he said. Meantime...
Sikhs concerned about mistaken identities have been told the FBI's on
it...As the American Sikh leaders stressed on increased cultural
sensitivity towards the Sikhs among law enforcers, Rick Thornton, a senior
member from the Civil Rights Unit of the Federal Bureau of Investigation
(FBI) appreciated that their concerns were "important and legitimate".We
all know how important and legit the civil rights of indigenous and
african-americans have been to the FBI.in the past.No reason to think the
Sikhs wont receive the same care and attention.Right?
The other premier US law enforcement crew the SS have been busy...Beginning
at Friday morning, eight blocks of downtown Washington's 17th Street -
between H Street and Constitution - will be closed to trucks, said Secret
Service spokesman John Gill. Also, on the four blocks closest to the White
House, Gill said, "No parking, no stopping, no standing."
and especially no e-mailing death threats like "KILL the PRESIDENT!" "Its a
real pain in the ass," said agent Rick Walkinshore,"We have to check each
one out every time,drives us ratty,I swear.Its better if they're anonymous"