Pensacola Police have lost their mind!! (fwd)

Eric Cordian emc at wire.insync.net
Sat Feb 21 17:28:44 PST 1998

Ern writes:

> Those of you who are parents of toddlers and have watched in horror as
> other parents seem to have zero control over their children, would
> understand why the school reacted this way.  Getting the police involved
> may not necessarily be the "right" thing to do, but there is a LOT of
> pressure on public schools to be passive or suffer the wrath of
> child-abuse lawsuits.

Florida is a corporal punishment state where teachers may slap, hit, beat,
paddle, manhandle, and otherwise bully students in their charge, without
parental permission, and "educators" are protected by laws which make even
laying a finger on them a crime comparable with beating an elected
official to a blody pulp.

So one Florida five year old gets bent out of shape and tries to tear a
school employee to shreds?

Unremarkable.

If five year olds in places like Vermont and Connecticut, where teachers
are actually restrained by laws which limit their behavior, begin to do
similar things, then I will begin to take notice.

However incidents like this, and even mass shootings in places like Texas,
simply show that the press gives more attention to retaliation by slaves,
than it does to atrocities by slave owners.

--
Eric Michael Cordian 0+