Pensacola Police have lost their mind!! (fwd)

Ernest Hua Hua at teralogic-inc.com
Sat Feb 21 13:43:33 PST 1998

Those of you who are parents of toddlers and have watched in horror as
other parents seem to have zero control over their children, would
understand why the school reacted this way.  Getting the police involved
may not necessarily be the "right" thing to do, but there is a LOT of
pressure on public schools to be passive or suffer the wrath of
child-abuse lawsuits.

There are many times when they respond with "we don't do things that way
..." when they should just send the kid home.  There is no middle ground
where both the school and the parents are happy, unless the parents
really care and participate.  Getting the police involved was probably
just a way for the teachers and/or the administrators to pass the buck
to someone else because they feel powerless to deal with the situation.

(Isn't this a bit off topic?  But for the police part?)

Ern