Tim May's offensive racism (was: about RC4)

Anonymous nobody at REPLAY.COM
Tue Nov 18 03:57:53 PST 1997

William H. Geiger III, <whgiii at invweb.net>, writes:

>Exactly how do you equate everything negative that is said against Japan
>as to being racist? I guess if I had said it about Germany then it would
>have been ok?? I bet you are one of those skirt wearing liberals that shed
>tears over nuking Japan as being evil but have no problems with the
>firebombing of Dresdin.

So you are proud of your statement about Japan?  You believe that
President Truman should have dropped additional atomic bombs (if he had
them) on Japan, even _after_ they surrendered?  This would have been in
contravention of every shred of decency and honor.  Such a bloodthirsty
act of revenge would have branded the U.S. as hopelessly barbaric, savage
and inhuman.

Your comments do fit in well with the current tenor of the cypherpunks
list, though.  Barbaric, savage, indecent, dishonorable.  These are the
new codewords of the cypherpunks movement.  The uglier it gets, the more
they like it here.  You do indeed fit right in.