David Friedman and assassination politics

Adam Shostack adam at homeport.org
Sun Apr 20 13:28:06 PDT 1997

David wrote "The Machinery of Freedom" about tools that could be
developed to acheive "socially desirable" effects, such as the lack of
a single dominant protective agency, without the interference of the
state.  He also wrote about how, once developed, these structures
would self perpetuate, since there would be few reason to redevelop a
state.

Good stuff.  Well worth reading.

Adam

Declan McCullagh wrote:
| So I just walked home from a party in Dupont Circle where some folks were
| telling me about a talk David Friedman gave at the Cato Institute about a
| week ago. (Apart from being Milt's son, David appears to be a
| well-respected libertarian thinker in his own right.) I didn't have the
| chance to go myself...

					               -Hume