Hacktic remailer shutdown

Alex de Joode usura at replay.com
Sat May 11 12:22:33 PDT 1996

-rich sez:

: > Is there any information available on why the Hacktic remailer was shut
: > down?

: Church of Scientology. Someone posted too many Secret Scriptures, it
: seems. The details, nobody has shared. Conspiracy theories, galore, but I
: have faith in their judgement and commitment to free speech and anonymity.
: I'm sure it was a tough decision.

: Btw, I don't believe it has shut down yet. Rather, the operators announced
: that due to "recent events," there would be a planned shutdown on May
: 20th.

: I *would* like to know if the mail2news gateway is going down in addition
: to the remailer. I'm assuming that it is.

utopia.hacktic.nl is currently MX'ed to basement.replay.com, and the
mail2news gateway has been installed there to. mail2news at utopia.hacktic.nl
will work as long as utopia is MX'ed so one better use the one installed
directly by mailing your posts to mail2news at basement.replay.com.

bEST Regards,
--

	-AJ-