Anyone else getting duplicate ACKs sending alpha.c2.org messages?

The Warm-Blooded One platypus at alpha.c2.org
Fri Mar 1 20:09:46 PST 1996

I just started a couple days ago, so it's entirely possible that I'm doing something wrong, but I seem to be getting two acknowledgement messages, about 5 minutes apart, for the last four messages (which happen to be my first four messages) sent through alias at alpha.c2.org. The recipient only seems to be getting one copy of the message. I happen to be using Private Idaho (thanks Joel!), but I don't think it should matter.

Just wanted to check whether this was a common experience before troubleshooting more or bugging Sameer (yeah, so I go and bug EVERYBODY instead).

I was going to figure it out myself, but since I'm bugging you anyway, is there a decent newbie guide on the web for using the
mail-news gateways that parse the Newsgroups: header? I gather you just add the header after a ::, but do you just add headers, or repeat them all?

I am mostly just educating myself and playing around with this stuff at the moment, so don't waste your time giving me a detailed reply on the assumption that I'm an Australian political dissident or anything.
platypus at alpha.c2.org