Chaff in the Channel (Stealth PGP work)

Ed Carp erc at dal1820.computek.net
Fri Mar 1 20:59:24 PST 1996

On Thu, 29 Feb 1996, Nelson Minar wrote:

> tcmay at got.net (Timothy C. May) writes:
> >This is my take on fixing the stego situation. Instead of worrying about a
> >"stealth PGP version," which is likely to be only a slight speed bump
> >(because of the statistics), think about flooding the detection channels.

> As noble as "flood the detection channels" sounds, has it really ever
> succeeded? Do people who don't care about privacy day to day ever go
> through extra trouble to make other people's privacy easier? I can

I still like the idea of EVERYONE using encryption.  Hiding stuff in
plain sight always has appealed to me.
Ed Carp, N7EKG    			Ed.Carp at linux.org, ecarp at netcom.com
					214/993-3935 voicemail/digital pager
					800/558-3408 SkyPager
Finger ecarp at netcom.com for PGP 2.5 public key		an88744 at anon.penet.fi

"Past the wounds of childhood, past the fallen dreams and the broken families,
through the hurt and the loss and the agony only the night ever hears, is a
waiting soul.  Patient, permanent, abundant, it opens its infinite heart and
asks only one thing of you ... 'Remember who it is you really are.'"

                    -- "Losing Your Mind", Karen Alexander and Rick Boyes

The mark of a good conspiracy theory is its untestability.
		    -- Andrew Spring