Back in the mists of time.....

David K. Merriman merriman at metronet.com
Sun Nov 20 18:44:32 PST 1994

Having turned 40 earlier this month (jeez - if I'd known I was gonna live
this long, I'd have taken care of myself :-), I'm apparently feeling the
effects of Reagan's Disease.

Could someone kindly refresh my memory as to when the Gummit decided it was
okay to:
    * seize alleged drug money and not have to give it back unless the
person could prove it was 'honest' money;
    * make banks and others tell them when someone moved more than $10,000;
    * take away our gold & silver coins for nickeled copper slugs
(Kennedy-era, I believe; I seem to recall the tv coverage);
    * take us off the gold standard (Nixon?);

Email preferred, so I don't waste any (more) bandwidth.....

Dave Merriman
Finger merriman at metronet.com for PGP public key and fingerprint.
PGP encrypted Email welcome and encouraged.
War is Peace.  Freedom is Slavery.   Ignorance is Strength.       No?