Crypto Anarchy ...

the Surgeon an42035 at anon.penet.fi
Tue Oct 19 00:52:24 PDT 1993

Perry Metzger wrote:

>Its "apocryphal".
 ^^^
>I've finally figured out why all these people insist on posting
>anonymously. They can't spell.

What a useful post.  But look again - can you spot the grammar error?
It is underlined.

Perry must mean "it's" as in "it is"; not "its" as in "possessive".

Naturally, using bandwidth to point out spelling error and grammar
mistakes is POINTLESS, and WASTEFUL.  Perhaps a future requirement to
read this list will be: read and understand Emily Post-News
Nettiquette.

The height of irony is a non-anonymous post (with a grammar error)
with a humorous attempt to criticize an anonymous post (with a
spelling error).

I'll comment on Steve Bellovin's post: excellent overall and thought
provoking.  However, he is putting the cart before the horse and
worrying to much about future acceptance.  Technology is neither good
nor evil; progress in crypto-anarchy will grind to halt if the people
involved become overly concerned with future acceptance.

Would we have the phone system of today if AT&T would have waited for
Western Union's blessing?  We'd probably have some warped telegraph
system instead.
To find out more about the anon service, send mail to help at anon.penet.fi.
Please report any problems, inappropriate use etc. to admin at anon.penet.fi.