The death of the list as we know it (tm)

Pat Farrell pfarrell at netcom.com
Fri Oct 8 17:15:48 PDT 1993

In message Fri, 8 Oct 93 14:08:50 EST,
  Matthew B. Landry <mbl at ml7694a.leonard.american.edu>  writes:
> I really think that the powers that be should consider the
> newsgroup  idea.

I have to comment. Many on this list believe strongly in privacy. This
implies that no one admits to being a PTB (power that be).

Others are anarchists and don't believe in PTB. And occasional person wants
to be in charge of the anarchy movement.

Options include:
1. get a rational mail reader (nupop, eudora, etc.) and a rational vendor
  (netcom, digex, world, well, etc.) and read at your leisure.
2. convert it locally to a local newgroup. then use rn, tin, etc. with kill
   files.
3. unsubscribe.
4. alternate plan X.

I have no problem with the volume. The S/N ratio could be better, but so
could my bank account.

Pat

Pat Farrell      Grad Student                 pfarrell at netcom.com
Department of Computer Science    George Mason University, Fairfax, VA
Public key availble via finger          #include <standard.disclaimer>