proposal for grid and agents talk in GGF14 community track

Julie Wulf-Knoerzer wulf at ggf.org
Thu May 12 14:33:11 CDT 2005

Dear David,
I have scheduled this session for Tuesday, June 28th, from 6:30p - 7:15p
(immediately before the 'Supporting New Communities Panel' that Geoffrey
Fox is organizing).  I have summarized your proposal on our website
<http://www.ggf.org/ggf_events_next_schedule.htm> - please let me know if
this is okay with you.
I will keep you posted with further logistical details as they become
available.  In the meantime, please let me know if you have questions.
Regards,
Julie

P.S.  As stated in the Call for Community Participation, please note that
slides must be provided in advance (June 17th) for the GGF14 website.

At 06:24 AM 5/11/2005 +0100, David De Roure wrote:
>We propose a 30-45 minute session on Grid and Agents, in which I will
>present a short talk on Semantic Grid (based on discussions at GGF13)
>and there will be a response from an invited member of the Agents
>community, Jonathan Dale.
>
>Jonathan is a Senior Researcher at Fujitsu Labs America and led the
>Agentcities project.  He has been directly involved in the FIPA agents
>standardisation activity and in the W3C Web Ontology Working Group.
>
>The objectives of this session are:
>
>1. To discuss grid problems which may be addressed by technologies
>developed in the agent based computing community
>
>2. Specifically to consider the role of agents in the context of the
>large number of grid services anticipated in the future
>
>3. To suggest next steps in engagement between these communities
>
>The proposed session involves two short talks and a period of discussion.
>
>This proposal arises from a meeting held in April with a number of senior
>members of the agents community as part of the GGF community council
>engagement with "technology innovators".  We believe this is an exciting
>opportunity to bring the Agents community to GGF, with a view to future
>engagement in the standards process.
>
>If approved, this event will be advertised to the agents community,
>including the FIPA standards body.
>
>Thank you for considering this proposal.
>
>-- Dave
>
>David De Roure, University of Southampton
>Jonathan Dale, Fujitsu Labs America

***New contact information as of 16-Feb***
Julie Wulf-Knoerzer
Manager of Community Development
wulf at ggf.org
ph. 630/252-7163