Plenary session in GGF14

Julie Wulf-Knoerzer wulf at ggf.org
Fri Apr 22 14:45:08 CDT 2005

Hi Fred,
Thanks for the details - please consider this note as acknowledgement of
your proposal.  I suspect we'll have a draft program available the first
week of May so we'll be in touch with specifics around that time.
Thanks!
Julie

At 06:03 PM 4/21/2005 -0700, Fred Maciel wrote:
>Geoffrey, Julie,
>
>      I can say that there is a "management" community in the GGF, which
>was centered in the CMM-WG and the CGS-WG. These WGs have become the
>Resource Management design team in the OGSA, and management will be an
>integral part of the OGSA, not an afterthought, which should become
>clearer as the OGSA specs become concrete. We hope that a community
>session in GGF14 will raise the awareness of management within GGF (more
>precisely, of standard forms of management, instead of "ad-hoc
>management using students as argents"). Showing stuff working will also
>help to make people understand that it's real. This kind of education is
>the objective of the session that we are requesting. The details of how
>this session is done, and the style to apply to it, will depend on the
>format, and I'd like to hear the details about it later from you.
>      Anyway, please consider this as a formal request for one of the
>community sessions. I'd be grateful if you could for now just
>acknowledge this request.
>      Finally: when will you have an idea of the date of this session (if
>accepted)? The WSDM participants have crowded schedules, and knowing the
>dates early helps getting people to commit.
>
>Thanks in advance,
>
>Fred Maciel
>OGSA-WG RM design team leader
>ex-CMM-WG co-chair

***New contact information as of 16-Feb***
Julie Wulf-Knoerzer
Manager of Community Development
wulf at ggf.org
ph. 630/252-7163