[cddlm] Interoperability testing problems

Ayla Debora Dantas de Souza - Projeto Ourgrid ayla at dsc.ufcg.edu.br
Wed May 17 12:57:41 CDT 2006

Hi all,

while performing interoperability tests, we have noticed that it is not possible to test others endpoint simply changing the Portal EPR. Besides, we must also use CDLs that work on the given implementation, and configure our tests with those CDLs. This happens because CodeBase and CommandPath are used in different ways between the implementations, as the Component Model allows that.
Therefore, in order to perform some of the tests, we need CDLs that work on the each others implementation, or we need in the Test Plans a definition of a CDL that should work in all of them. For now, we have interchanged some CDLs with Satish to test the NEC implementation. Is this the correct way to proceed? We were not sure if this is a good way to test interoperability. Besides, we wanted to know what is the definition of interoperability we will use in order to show that two different implementations interoperate.

Thanks,
  Ayla