[cddlm] On CDL tests

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Tue Jan 31 05:58:53 CST 2006

Guilherme Germoglio wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I think I've found a misinterpretation in cddlm-cdl-2005-02-0018 test.
>
> The cdl file:
>
>  <cdl:cdl>
>           <cdl:configuration>
>             <toplevel>
>               <value cdl:lazy="true"/>
>             </toplevel>
>           </cdl:configuration>
>           <cdl:system>
>             <app>
>               <user cdl:ref="value" cdl:refroot="toplevel"/>
>             </app>
>           </cdl:system>
>  </cdl:cdl>
>
> The resolution expected:
>
>  <cdl:system>
>           <app>
>             <user cdl:lazy="true"/>
>           </app>
>  </cdl:system>
>
> But the specification states in 7.5.2.2 Example: ... A value reference to
> this property will not be resolved before the resolution of this @cdl:lazy
> attribute.
>
> So, as the user lazy element in the test was not yet resolved, the reference
> to it should not be resolved. Is this correct?
>
> If so, the resolution expected must be:
>
> <cdl:system>
>           <app>
>             <user cdl:ref="value" cdl:refroot="toplevel" />
>           </app>
> </cdl:system>

Jun has corrected this. My impl isnt handling it properly, because lazy
stuff is on my todo list. It doesnt resolve it, but it doesnt generate
that output either.

> The cddlm-cdl-2005-02-invalid-0003.xml test also has a problem. It states
> that there's an indirect recursive reference. The cdl file follows:
>
> <cdl:cdl>
>           <cdl:configuration>
>           </cdl:configuration>
>           <cdl:system>
>             <app>
>               <hostname cdl:ref="database"/>
>               <database cdl:ref="hostname" />
>             </app>
>           </cdl:system>
>  </cdl:cdl>
>
> But the resolution algorithm (p18-19) says the that no cdl:ref/cdl:refroot
> is copied. So there's no recursive reference and it is a valid cdl.

Well, it may not be copied, but its a kind of chaining. Something bad
should happen.

My test is 'failing' with what appears to be one of the possible
resolutions.

<system xmlns="http://www.gridforum.org/namespaces/2005/02/cddlm/CDL-1.0">
             <app xmlns="">
               <hostname cdl:ref="hostname"
xmlns:cdl="http://www.gridforum.org/namespaces/2005/02/cddlm/CDL-1.0"/>
               <database cdl:ref="hostname"
xmlns:cdl="http://www.gridforum.org/namespaces/2005/02/cddlm/CDL-1.0"/>
             </app>
           </system>

There is clearly a bug in my code here. as usual.