[cddlm] EGA & CDDLM comparison

Hiro Kishimoto hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com
Tue Aug 22 01:44:26 CDT 2006

Hi Dejan and Jun,

OGSA-WG and EGA Reference Model WG have a dialogue
on OGSA architecture and EGA reference model.
Both parties are hoping to achieve beneficial synergy
effects.

Before creating possible reconciliation or resolution,
both agreed to identify similarities and differences between
our existing works.

Minutes from Aug. 21 OGSA-WG call:
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/doc13750?nav=1

We think that EGA Ref Model's Dependency Graph and Life Cycle
of Grid Components looks like very relevant to CDDLM-WG's work.

http://www.gridalliance.org/en/WorkGroups/ReferenceModel.asp

OGSA-WG will have a GGF18 session on Tuesday 4-5:30pm for this
discussion. We would write up rough draft comparison slides
before GGF18 and review them at this session.

OGSA-WG GGF18 sessions:
https://forge.gridforum.org/sf/go/wiki1560?nav=1

Dejan and Jun: Can you attend Sept. 12 (Tue) session in
                Washington D.C. in person?
                Can we work together to create first-cut
                draft slides of CDDLM & EGA Ref Model
                comparison?

I've added this topic to upcoming Thursday's joint call.

Thanks,
----
Hiro Kishimoto