[cddlm] Smartfrog client + NEC Portal

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Fri Apr 21 05:03:33 CDT 2006

Satish Bhat wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>    Is there any thing you want me to change from my side to make sure
> your tests can talk to our portal?

I need to go a bit further with my own stuff, and once I've put my
endpoint up you can see if the problem lies in my code or somewhere on
yours. What I'd like to do is find out what the underlying exception is,
but I dont remember if there are many more switches to turn on for axis

You may want to turn on some things that may be turned off

1. debug mode in axis. I think from the stack trace this is probably
already turned on

<globalConfiguration>
   <parameter name="axis.development.system" value="true"/>
</globalConfiguration>

see: http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/reference.html#GlobalAxisConfiguration

2. turn on more logging in log4j.properties, especially
org.apache.axis.EXCEPTIONS

http://ws.apache.org/axis/java/reference.html#AxisLoggingConfiguration

That doesnt help me that much as the logs get routed wherever you
configure log4j to route the relevant streams, but if we need to do a
co-ordinated debug session with us both in front of our consoles, then
we can

>    Also, I was wondering if there's any standard(or a template like) CDL
> file to test the deployment operations. We at NEC, use Java component
> based deployment whereas, UFCG implementation supports 'war' based
> deployment.

That's something we are going to need to do for component model testing
too.

What I'd like would be some well-known .cdl URL which every
implementation has to tune for their release, which declares common
components for testing. We can then do a <cdl:import
url="http://ggf.org/cddlm/1.0/imports/test-components.cdl" /> and every
runtime would import their own version of the template.

-steve