[cddlm] CodeBase semantics

Ayla Debora Dantas de Souza - Projeto Ourgrid ayla at dsc.ufcg.edu.br
Wed Apr 5 12:12:30 CDT 2006

Hi,

regarding the discussion about CodeBase and CommandPath semantics that
can vary from implementation to implementation and the Component Model
test plan, I have an initial doubt. In the CDLs from the test plan,
there is a part:

<!-- change these per your system -->

<cmp:CodeBase>http://localhost/test1.jar</cmp:CodeBase>

<cmp:CommandPath>com.exns.Test1</cmp:CommandPath>

I was not sure if the code that will be provided in source forge will be
the code for this class (com.exns.Test1) or if we should change
CodeBase and CommandPath values.

In this latter case, can we totally replace both the CodeBase and
CommandPath to something that is understandable by our engine or should
the engine support  CodeBases specified as a ".jar" file and simply
execute (someway) one of the classes from this jar that should be able
to provide a service endpoint for the component?

In our Engine, for example, we are only supporting now the deployment of
"war" files, and then, the "war" file once deployed will originate the
service whose endpoint will manage the component lifecycle. Is this ok?

Thanks,
  Ayla