[cddlm] Notes from the meeting on 4/5 2006

Milojicic, Dejan S (HP Labs) dejan.milojicic at hp.com
Wed Apr 5 08:42:19 CDT 2006

Attendees: Jun, Ayla, Satish, Guilherme, Flavio, Steve, Stuart, Dejan.

Note taker: Dejan.

> 0. Reference implementation status update
> 1. Update on the testing of interoperability

Ayla: did some additional tests, would like some more examples of CDL.
Will be working on tests from Stuart, not sure about how component model
is going. Still beginning, will make questions as soon as we have them.

Steve: was out last week. Given up completely from Apache Axes 2, and
instead rolling back to his own. Targeting next week, automating process
with bringing up endpoint. First release will be atrociously bad and
broken. A lot of interoperability problems because SOAP stack will be
new, then ramp up quickly. Serve it up from home rather than from behind
the firewall. SmartFrog will use and interesting implications about
security, limit it to a small set of components (1 out of 10) for
security reasons.

Stuart: their plan is to leverage Ayla's endpoint to test their end
point and then they will put up their own endpoint. Released component
model spec test. Source forge was down, so did not put it in the source
forge.  Steve: source forge has broken file system, do not trust it.

Jun/Satish: get access some time this week, has not heard from the sys
admin in Princeton, they should have the end point up and running by
Friday, currently testing Ayla's EPR. Also looking into component model
test plan.

CDL is pretty good. Jun will work on it next week and Steve will run the
automation of inclusion thereafter.

> 2. OGSA and CDDLM F2F meeting on Thursday

Jun and Dejan will attend, Stuart will attend remotely.

> 3. Going over the BLAST example that Jun provided

Steve: We should have quotes right, turn off autocorrect smart quotes.

Ayla: uncertain about specifying "code base", how the engine would not
that. How does the engine work, each implementation should chose to
understand the code base. Jun: this example is not meant to have a
running code, but describe how it is used for BLAST code, in the real
code one would have to write a real URI and some appropriate URI.
Guilherme: too much flexibility and decision on implementation could
lead to different understanding of "code base", this should be a problem
for interoperability. In other words, CDL can not work in certain
implementation. Steve agrees with that.

> 4. Going over the scenarios that Steven Newhouse provided

Team will review the document.

> 5. Various

Update on the documents. CDL is almost done with the reviewing.
Deployment APIs will go through the steering committee review shortly.

Thanks,

Dejan.