[cddlm] revised CDL document

Jun Tatemura tatemura at sv.nec-labs.com
Fri Sep 23 12:32:32 CDT 2005

Hi Steve,
Thank you for having a look at the spec.

The requirement from SmartFrog was to emulate SmartFrog's concatenation
of vectors, for instance, concatenating [1,2] and [3,4] as [1,2,3,4].
In CDL this is implemented as follows:

<Vector1><A>1</A><A>2</A><A cdl:ref="/Vecor2/A"/></Vector1>
<Vector2><A>3</A><A>4</A></Vector2>
or
<NewVector><A cdl:ref="/Vector3/A"/><A cdl:ref="/Vector4/A"/></NewVector>
<Vector3><A>1</A><A>2</A></Vector3>
<Vector4><A>3</A><A>4</A></Vector4>

However, @cdl:ref cannot do the following concatenation <cdl:ref> can do

-->

If we really need this type of concatenation (I would say insertion
instead of concatenation),
I need to bring back <cdl:ref> to the spec. We can still do that without
impacting the other
parts of the spec.

Best Regards,
Jun