[cddlm] revised CDL document

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Fri Sep 23 03:49:51 CDT 2005

Jun Tatemura wrote:
 > Dear CDDLM team and Hiro,
 >
 > Please find the attached draft of CDL spec, which has been
 > revised based on Hiro's comments. I am sorry for taking this long time
 > for revision.
 > The attached PowerPoint file gives highlights on this revision.
 > In addition to incorporating Hiro's comments, I added description that
 > clarifies the CDL's behavior when properties are duplicated (i.e., there
 > are
 > multiple properties with the same name in the same property list). Since
 > the Component
 > Model uses duplicate properties, we had a discussion on the
 > clarification several months ago.
 > I took this opportunity of revision to incorporate that discussion.
 > Please see the slides
 > for details.

I'm going to take a look at seeing what the implications for this change
are; ideally coding up support for it.

Overall I like the idea, but worry about

  -how we support the use case of appending to an existing list
  -what the implications are for complex references

What is the timescale for acting on the document. Is this something to
be submitted before GGF, or is it something we can talk about there?

-steve