[cddlm] MUWS and MOWS

Stuart Schaefer Sschaefer at softricity.com
Wed May 18 17:31:01 CDT 2005

Steve,

I think you should check this with the WSDM guys, but this is from WSDM
MUWS Part 1.0, Chapter 6.  I read it to say that only the Identity
capability is required.

"Implementers of manageability endpoints are free to expose additional
manageability capabilities beyond those defined in MUWS. An additional
capability is represented by a set of manageability capability
interfaces. The properties defined in a new capability must be defined
as XML Schema
Global Element Declarations. The operations defined in a new capability
are represented as WSDL 1.1 operations. Furthermore, a manageability
endpoint offering a new capability is free to ignore all standard
manageability capabilities defined by MUWS except for the Identity
capability. 811
The MUWS Identity capability is REQUIRED. "

Chapter 5 seems to indicate that Identity, ManageabilityCharacteristics,
and CorrelatableProperties are required, but again Chapter 6 seems to
countermand that.

For lifecycle representation, I would prefer you to use the
cmp:lifecycle definitions.

In regards to the MOWS stuff, you don't have to purge it.  You could use
it.  I made it completely optional in the component model.  You may
choose to use it, since you are exposing web services such as the Portal
EPR.

Stuart