[cddlm] Problems using Muse

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Wed Jun 22 16:29:07 CDT 2005

Ayla Debora Dantas de Souza - Projeto Ourgrid wrote:
> Hi,
>
> So, do you think Muse is a dead end?
>
> I created by hand the "DeploymentFaultException" based on the
> "ComponentFaultException" which was generated and the compilation and
> deployment with Muse worked out.  It may be a problem with Muse, but I
> thought it was strange to see a message called "DeploymentFault"
> pointing to an element called "ComponentFault" which was of the type
> "DeploymentFaultType". That's why I'm not sure that this is not a
> problem with the specification. Does anyone see any problem in this part
> of the specification?
>
> Regarding Muse use, I really appreciate your opinion about it. This
> latest version seems to be better, but now I would have to learn how to
> communicate with the deployed services and insert code into the
> generated code which will actually be the deployment engine. Steve gave
> me the advice of looking at their source code, as Muse documentation is
> not complete.
>
>  Ayla

I dont think muse is a dead end, i havent used it and have no opinions
on that.

My issue is that underneath it (and globus, and lots of other things)
are built on JAXRPC, and that is what I think is the wrong underpinning.
A lot of the suffering in muse is a consequence of that underlying
architecture, not of muse's design itself.

-steve