[cddlm] Doubts about ComandPath

Stuart Schaefer Sschaefer at softricity.com
Tue Jul 5 15:04:39 CDT 2005

Iury,

I think you missed a bit of the documentation.  The example you are
looking at does not include the <cmp:CodeBase> element.

<WebApplication>
  <cmp:CodeBase>http://server/file.jar</cmp:CodeBase>
  <cmp:CommandPath>com.exns.ApacheDeployer</cmp:CommandPath>
  <port>80</port>
  <hostname>www.example.org</hostname>
</WebApplication>

The command path is supposed to be used to locate the actual executable
instance, class file, etc...  The command path is declared normatively
in the schema as mixed content, which allows inline content.  This is
done in lieu of an <xs:any> element, which could cause problems with
inheritance.

I will look in the Component Model document, and see if this can be
clarified.

Regards,

Stuart