[cddlm] Draft of deployment API

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Wed Jan 26 05:21:11 CST 2005

Hiro Kishimoto wrote:
> Hi Steve,
>
> Is it worth utilizing WSDM MUWS spec in addition to WSRF/WSN?
>
> Thanks,
> ----
> Hiro Kishimoto

I've been trying hard to reduce dependencies on the specification. this
iteration has gone from one known to work to one that will depend on
early implementations of WSRF+WSN, such as GT4, the HP/Globus donation
to Apache (Apollo & Hermes), or an equivalent. Even then we are now more
dependent on changing specifications, instability of foundational things
like WS-Addressing, and so it is that much harder from interoperable
implementations.

MOWS/MUWS adds more complexity. This does not mean that I am against
writing manageable code, but think we can get away with it being
implementation specific. For example, a Java implementation just needs
to use the JMX APIs, and when a MUWS binding to JMX comes out, then it
gets MUWS for free. Till then, we get SNMP amongst others.

What opinions does anyone else have?

-steve