[cddlm] Notes from the meeting on 1/12/2005

Milojicic, Dejan S dejan.milojicic at hp.com
Wed Jan 12 08:37:43 CST 2005

Attending: Jun, Stuart, Steve, and Dejan.

Agenda:
- Update on the existing specs that underwent public review
- Update on the CDL spec and the two forthcoming specs
- Planning this Year
- Attendance at GGF13
- Various

Stuart: Has the Component model document almost complete, but waits for
Steve to agree upon some of the issues. If he does not complete it
within a week, he will provide the document with the disclaimer on
unresolved issues.

Steve:  Deployment API: Steve is working on the document, within a
couple of weeks, he will start working on the WSDL. He still has some
open issues with the availability support from WSRF, with endpoints
being completely specified. Stuart has issue with the different name
spaces; need to agree on the structure of the name spaces and then
submit the documents independently. Stuart is concerned with CDL name
spaces using www.gridforum/2004/etc. different root name spaces. The
best practices need to be consolidated. Some of the component model is a
subset of the CDL, so Stuart needs either to be part of the CDL or get
included. For Jun's document to be valid we need an appendix that has a
reasonable way to add the component model and that all other specs live
side by side. Stuart will send the latest revision of the document by
the end of the week. The WSDL is absolutely necessary, but it is
questionable how to test it.

Jun will follow-up on all comments that were provided so far (Keisuke,
Steve, Bryan, etc.) before we declare that document is ready for the
submission and we make the last call on the CDDLM-WG. This should
hopefully happen within a week or so (before the next meeting).

Dejan provided update on the SF-based language spec. Wrt GGF13
attendance, we have everyone on the team (Kojo, Jun, Stuart, and Dejan)
planning to attend, except for Steve who has a conflict on that date.

Next meeting will take place in two weeks.

Thanks,

Dejan.