[cddlm] testing, document fragments

Steve Loughran steve_loughran at hpl.hp.com
Thu Dec 1 11:29:38 CST 2005

...except of course a cdl:system it is not, in fact it is one node under
a system. Returning a system is not adequate, I am meant to strip out
and return the first child of a system

expected:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<MyServer>
            <hostname>www.cddlm.org</hostname>
            <port>80</port>
         </MyServer>
actual:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<system xmlns="http://www.gridforum.org/namespaces/2005/02/cddlm/CDL-1.0">
             <MyServer xmlns="">
               <hostname>localhost</hostname>
               <port>80</port>

               <hostname>www.cddlm.org</hostname>
             </MyServer>
           </system>

junit.framework.ComparisonFailure: test []: Namespace URI inconsistent
between {}MyServer and
{http://www.gridforum.org/namespaces/2005/02/cddlm/CDL-1.0}system

I seem to believe that <cdl:system> can have multiple nodes underneath.
If I return a doc with a single root node, I can only test documents
that have one thing to deploy, and so miss out on a whole suite of tests

I propose that
  1. the resolve() operation returns a document containing a cdl:system
and all children
  2. we retrofit the system wrapper to all existing CDL tests.

-steve