[cddlm] RE: CDDLM Smartfrog doc accepted

Milojicic, Dejan S dejan.milojicic at hp.com
Tue Aug 23 17:34:49 CDT 2005

Many Thanks John,

We appreciate all your help throughout the process. We are looking
forward to completing the process for the remaining three specs. More
importantly the implementation and testing never stopped during spec
submissions so we are even more so pleased to have increasing levels of
reference implementations at the forthcoming GGFs, followed by
interoperability further out.

I would like to reserve some time with you at Boston to pin down more
specifically the requirements for the formal standard promotion based on
the existing interoperable reference implementations. This is especially
important for the interoperability between SmartFrog and XML-Based CDDLM
language.

I am cc-in the CDDLM mailing list on the reply and the key contributors
to the CDDLM work: Steve Loughran, Stuart Schaefer, and Jun Tatemura. Of
course, the key contributor to this spec is Patrick Goldsack (father of
the SmartFrog). Most recent additions to the team is group from Brazil,
led by Ayla, who pursue an independent reference implementation. In
particular, I'd like to thank Hiro for his support in getting CDDLM
closer to the EMS/OGSA-WG. This will be key for the adoption of CDDLM
within the GGF community and putting it onto the OGSA landscape.

This should be just a beginning of a string of successes of the CDDLM
team. I am fortunate to have an opportunity to work on it.

Best regards,

Dejan.