[cddlm] Doubt about "Resolve" operation on System

Ayla Debora Dantas de Souza - Projeto Ourgrid ayla at dsc.ufcg.edu.br
Wed Aug 10 14:12:34 CDT 2005

Hello all,

we are implementing the "Resolve" operation from the System and we had
the following doubts:
1. What should happen if in the "path" we specify a prefix, but in the
CDL being queried that prefix is not defined?
As far as we know, XPath does not support queries using namespaces, only
prefixes. Considering this, the prefix used must be defined on the XML
being queried. Are we right?

2. What must happen when the "path" passed for the "Resolve" does not
present a prefix?
We think that in this case, a response representing an emply result
should be returned to the user. Ok?

Thanks,

Ourgrid team.