[cddlm] RE: The CDDLM meeting tomorrow, 6am PST

Milojicic, Dejan S dejan.milojicic at hp.com
Wed Aug 10 08:37:07 CDT 2005

Notes from the CDDLM meeting, 8/10, 2005. Notes taker, Dejan Milojicic.

Attendees: Ayla, Jun, Stuart, and Dejan.

1. Update on the progress with reference implementations

Ayla: they are doing well, some problems with Tomcat, but decided they
will relax the tests (10MB, 30 deployments one after another; found out
how they can make deployments smaller through re-use; they implemented
more tests, corrected some parser bugs). At the moment they have
completed the whole cycle. Still working on the implementation of the
system service, some issues with other methods, such as how to change
properties. They plan to attend GGF15 and demo, looking forward to hear
the feedback from the rest of the team. E.g. Problems with import and
other questions. Ayla will summarize all questions they have.

Jun: making complete implementation of the parser and now also started
implementing component model. This is ongoing. He will be able to demo
at the next GGF.

Stuart: Has parser complete, hoping for some test cases, will post some
questions for Jun, some circular dependencies in how his parser does
placement and prototype resolution, some interesting set of
dependencies. Parser is complete and works on the core infrastructure of
the deployment APIs, needs 3 more weeks until he is done. Then he will
work on individual components.

2. Preparation for the meeting with OGSA

Dejan will look at the glossary. Others will give a thought how we fit
into the picture. Stuart, Jun, and Dejan will attend, and we expect that
Steve will dial in.

3. Planning next activities

GGF15: Ayla will attend and everyone else (except for Steve who did not
attend this meeting) confirmed that they will do the demo at GGF15
(Stuart, Jun, Ayla).

Individual demos will be held with the testing completed. Before the
GGF15, all individual owners will work on their test cases and we will
have other reference implementation owners run these tests before GGF15.

Steve already posed tests for the deployment APIs, Stuart will post his
tests in the next few days and Jun will post his in next 2 weeks.

4. Update on the documents

Jun will apply changes as requested by the technical area directors; we
had the foundation document become the formal GGF document.

5. Use cases

Jun asked if SDD can peruse our use cases and the answer is yes. Credit
needs to be given to GGF, though.

Our next meeting is next week.

Thanks,

Dejan.