[CCGT] Checking the pulse of the Community Council

Gregory Newby newby at arsc.edu
Fri Sep 9 10:59:44 CDT 2005

On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 08:47:07PM -0500, Geoffrey Fox wrote:
> Here is a humourless reply so it can be ignored .....
>
> As well as add-ons as you describe, I was thinking of idea of
> "GGF Community only meetings" organized to support a few
> communities
> e.g. a 2 day Midwest regional GGF community meeting
> in spring or summer (at a random place like Bloomington IN)
> where Midwest designation meant organizing committee
> came from Midwest. It would be aimed to support national
> communities and provide a US meeting between Boston 2005
> and Boston 2006

I think this is a great idea, and might be easiest
to start as regional university-based events, perhaps
tied to favorite campus groups such as IEEE or ACM (get
the students involved!).

Another related idea is tying to other conferences....
BOFs or sessions...for a brief event.  I wish we had been
organized enough to do this at Supercomputing '05, but there
are plenty of other conferences.
  -- Greg