[CCGT] Checking the pulse of the Community Council

Geoffrey Fox gcf at grids.ucs.indiana.edu
Thu Sep 8 16:02:49 CDT 2005

I sent the enclosed notes on a possible organization of community council
But I got no response. I wonder if that meant
a) Things are chugging along and organization is not important
b) You were so amazed by brilliance of plan that you can't put words to email
c) The plan seemed same as before
d) You were so amazed by stupidity of plan that you can't put words to email
e) You are too busy right now
f) ggf emails are on your SPAM filter list

-----------------------------------
I welcome comments on these thoughts and suggested reorganization whose
main ideas are:
A Community Plan designed to support communities rather than  just
exploiting GGF events
Splitting of council roles into an advisory board and area directors as
expediters

Some of you have seen this in an earlier version and it was received
with some interest by Mark Linesch and the new vice chair for the
community council Robert Fogel
I will share all comments with them to help plan the next steps for GGF

--
:
: Geoffrey Fox  gcf at indiana.edu FAX 8128567972 http://www.infomall.org