[CCGT] Federal STI Community

Geoffrey Fox gcf at grids.ucs.indiana.edu
Sat Mar 26 15:10:40 CST 2005

On April 25th, I will be talking at a meeting of CENDI which is
an interagency group of scientific and technical information (STI)
managers from 12 major federal agencies.  In DoE this is called OSTI
Together CENDI members are meant to represent agencies covering over
95% of the federal R&D budget. (http://www.CENDI.gov).
These are information systems leaders and I was introduced to them as
I am helping design of Information Retrieval Grid for federating
different federal databases (http://www.science.gov)
I think most corporations have such needs for information systems
and it could be interesting community.
Note that the CENDI Group exchanges ideas and information
covering a broad range of themes from policy to standards
to technologies that impact or have the potential of
impacting federal STI systems.

If we had a community track, the GridIR and Portal activities
would be very relevant.
I will certainly encourage them to get involved with GGF and I
realize it would be useful if for each GGF meeting, we
identified activities that could be interesting to each of a set
of communities we support. We also could collect talks such as the one
I will give and list those of interest to each community.

--
:
: Geoffrey Fox  gcf at indiana.edu FAX 8128567972 http://www.infomall.org