[CCGT] Community Council telecon notes

Julie Wulf-Knoerzer wulf at ggf.org
Wed Aug 24 17:26:02 CDT 2005

Hi all,
Thank you for your participation in Tuesday's call.  Below are my notes (as
well as updates on progress since the call):
+++++
*Addition of evening sessions on Monday and Wednesday (subject to approval
of the ESC and IDG).
  -This has been officially requested and we await confirmation.  We have
filled these slots and informed the proposers in anticipation of no issues.

*We are in need of 2 additional 90-minute slots for the Campus Grids Panels
(I will work with standards folks on this).
  -I have officially requested this.  I also informed the Campus Grids
folks that we intend to market their Sunday workshop (hosted by Harvard)
and are seeking space for them on the community program for the
panels.  They are positive about both.

*Thursday tutorials will be offered boxed lunches should they desire
'working lunches' (Globus has requested this).
  -Please see 'Tutorials' below.

*I have not received OMII Tutorial and Use Case session abstracts.
  -OMII has been received.
  -Craig will provide use case abstract upon return from vacation.

*Titles/abstracts for Monday and Thursday Keynotes.
  -Geoffrey will contact Tony about Monday; Julie will contact Andrew about
Thursday.

*Linesch opening (Monday or Tuesday?).
  -It was agreed that Mark should present an opening talk (session is 90
minutes so there will be time for he and Tony) on Monday.  Julie/Geoffrey
to contact Mark via ESC call.

*Acceptance notification/web posting.
  -Program, abstracts, etc. have been placed on the GGF website
(http://www.ggf.org/ggf_events_ggf15_Community_Involvement.htm)
  -All session organizers have been notified of their acceptance.

*Tutorials.
  -The submissions that we received (with the exception of GridWise) have
been renamed as 'Community Technology Updates' and will be offered to all
attendees at no additional cost (GridWise will cost $90).  This decision
was made by Geoffrey and Steve Crumb due to presenters requesting to
forfeit their reimbursement and allow participants to attend without paying
an additional fee.  All presenters have been notified of this change in
terminology as well as the fact that they will receive no reimbursement.
  -Due to the change above, the schedule was adjusted to accommodate the
Grid-Shib workshop request (see attached for current program matrix)

*Email to community.
  -Email has been sent to Grid-Announce announcing the preliminary
community program.

*Other marketing activities:
  -We have placed a 'banner' on the GGF website.
  -GGF web template has been sent to all accepted session leaders so they
may customize with their most recent session information  (slides, bios,
etc.) and return to us.
  -We will provide session leaders with brief overview text of GGF and the
community program for inclusion in their materials.
  -We requested that session leaders copy us (communities at ggf.org - Julie
and Geoffrey) on their outreach emails so that we can track marketing
activities.
+++++
Next call is scheduled for Tuesday, 06-September.  Please let me know if
you items to be added to the agenda.

Thanks again,
Julie

Julie Wulf-Knoerzer