[Capi-bof] Charter for Open Cloud Computing Interface (OCCI) Working Group

Sam Johnston samj at samj.net
Wed Mar 25 11:01:25 CDT 2009

On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 4:53 PM, Thijs Metsch <Thijs.Metsch at sun.com> wrote:

> Sam,
>
> It is not really about the timeline - I know we need to do it fast but
> the amount and the documents are important. Therefor I want a discussion
> on next OGf on this issue, specially see if we can get a first draft by
> then.

Ok so we should really be locking down deliverables in the charter rather
than talking about them at the first meeting (when we really want to be
delivering something). So far you have suggested:

   1. First draft of an API
   2. Document describing use cases and giving an overview of the current
   state of art
   3. Document defining entities to be managed, their life-cycle and the
   associated
   processes to manage the life-cycle
   4. Standardised API
   5. Final version of an API

I have listed 5 common use cases in the revised charter (with concise
descriptions) and boiled the deliverable down to a single API Technical
Specification document.

I considered adding a user guide and implementor handbook but figure both
can be rolled into the API document (e.g. simple 'curl/wget' examples,
sample wire traces, etc.). Any other deliverables would want to be well
justified as they will slow us down.

Sam