[Capi-bof] Charter - last call for changes

Ignacio Martin Llorente llorente at dacya.ucm.es
Wed Mar 25 02:18:53 CDT 2009

Hi,

> I have read the charter, and I have no major problems.
> Third line, s/si/is/
>
> I wonder about that the statement "manipulation of images and
> networks"
> That could be understood to mean that I can open the image and change
> files in it.  (I think it's out of scope, as much as I'd like to be
> able
> to do that)

Agree that is fully out of scope, the API should be "service-
agnostic", managing the VMs as black boxes.

However, manipulation of images is required before creating the VMs
and the creation of private virtual networks (subnet not connected to
the Internet) is an interesting feature to deploy services consisting
in several VMs. In any case, for a first specification, I would
suggest that we do not consider such functionality, assuming that the
VM image has been pre-registered and the creation of the VM returns a
public IP.

Thanks for your comments

Ignacio