[Capi-bof] Cloud Standards Roadmap

Paulo Calcada pcalcada at gmail.com
Tue Mar 24 05:56:50 CDT 2009

Yes, definitely, GRID is something that could be "sold" directly to any of
the upper layers, but that is not a problem, the same is
happening with IaaS, you could use it directly as a service or you could use
it to provide the supporting layer to and PaaS and the to the SaaS :)

I come from an Higher education Institution and for me we could perfectly
use the wikipedia definition:

"*Grid computing* (or the use of a computational grid) is the application of
several computers to a single problem at the same time – usually to a
scientific or technical problem that requires a great number of computer
processing cycles or access to large amounts of data."

So, GRID, in my prespective is something that we must have inside a Cloud
Computing diagram, and for me is also clear that we should put here all the
questions related to the "heavy" computing power.

Paulo