[Capi-bof] Charter discussion & get the CAPI group started.

Thijs Metsch Thijs.Metsch at Sun.COM
Tue Mar 10 04:46:39 CDT 2009

Hi Alexander,

Thanks for your remarks! See inlines for more comments.

On Mon, 2009-03-09 at 14:15 +0100, Alexander Papaspyrou wrote:
>  From my point of view, this is sufficient. I would just remove all
> "try, may, could" and the like statements (e.g. "The group inside OGF
> will work...").
>
> We should, however, try to contact our AD; he'll sure be able to give
> some hints on what GFSG will want to see...

David Snelling is our AD and I think he is even on the list. I'll ping
him...

> > Also 7 questions need to be answered to get the group ready. Currently
> > the chairs answers are as followed:
> >
> > 1. Is the scope of the proposed group sufficiently focused?
> >
> > Yes. We will define and standardize an API to access infrastructure
> > Cloud facilities, including virtualized resources deployment,
> > monitoring, and management.
>
> This is a bit too vague, and has been stated more clearly in the
> charter (i.e. management of lifecycle).

Taken info account

> > 5. Are there sufficient interest and expertise in the group's topic,
> > with at least several people willing to expend the effort that is
> > likely
> > to produce significant results over time?
> >
> > Yes. Several industrial leaders and research projects in the Cloud
> > ecosystem have stated their interest and are willing to help.
>
> Should be more concrete. Do we have the commitment from industry
> leaders (except for Sun ;) )? If so, this should be stated.

Do we really need to put names in here? I'm a little bit unsure about
this. one :-)

> I think that this question is especially important to GFSG these days...
>
> > 6. Does a base of interested consumers (e.g., application developers,
> > Grid system implementers, industry partners, end-users) appear to
> > exist
> > for the planned work?
> > Yes. Many research projects and community groups are talking about a
> > standard for Cloud computing.
> Could we get this a bit more concrete, too (i.e. stating which
> projects)?

See above comment :-)

All the best,

-Thijs

--
Thijs Metsch                        Tel: +49 (0)941 3075-122 (x60122)
http://blogs.sun.com/intheclouds
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7               mailto:thijs.metsch at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg                  http://www.sun.com