[caops-wg] Migration to OGF Redmine for the CAOPS-WG and import of gridforge documents

David Groep davidg at nikhef.nl
Mon Jun 25 08:20:38 EDT 2012

Dear all,

Some of you may already have heard that Open Grid Forum is changing their
document management system from SourceForge (GridForge) to Redmine. This
should alleviate systems maintenance and bring down costs, and the new
service should be more stable and easier to manage. The new OGF Redmine
is at

  https://redmine.ogf.org/

A downside it that all content needs to be migrated, and a new structure
must be built up. During the CAOPS meeting in Delft at OGF35 we decided to
move CAOPS now, migrating the current documents from Gridforge to Redmine. I
was the lucky victim to try it for you - and the initial migration has just
happened:

- *all* documents from gridforge have been preserved. The raw dump hereof
  is available on redmine under "Files":
    <https://redmine.ogf.org/projects/caops-wg/files>
  as a multi-part rar archive -- since Redmine has a max upload file size
  of a mere 5 MByte. No data have been lost

- contents have been imported manually into the Redmine DMSF Document
  store:
    <https://redmine.ogf.org/dmsf/caops-wg>
  in a structure based on the GFD type (Informational, Recommendations,
  Community Practice).

- history of all documents has been preserved, although in some cases
  historic versions are bundled up in a single ZIP file
  also retired documents are there ("Retired") since we may revive them at
  a future date.

- wiki contents are also migrated

- documents of the former LoA-RG have been consolidated into CAOPS

- we use no other features of gridforge, apart froma lone tracking item that
  was no longer relevant (OCSP requirement progress, used during GGF13)

You can view all documents by going to redmine now, but for group members:

- please sign up to redmine (the account management is not joint, sorry)
- click "request to join" so we can sign you up to the group
- start contributing to documents and discussions, or maintain the wiki ;-)

I hope we learn to work with Redmine as we have learned to deal with
Gridforge ... questions and suggestions to me and the list please!

	Cheers,
	DavidG.

--
David Groep

** Nikhef, Dutch National Institute for Sub-atomic Physics,PDP/Grid group **
** Room: H1.50 Phone: +31 20 5922179, PObox 41882, NL-1009DB Amsterdam NL **