[caops-wg] Draft Agenda

Mike Helm helm at fionn.es.net
Sun Jan 28 17:11:25 CST 2007

> - Authentication Profiles
>   - Member Integrated Credential Services (TBD)
>   - Portal-based credential services (Yoshio)
> - AOB

If time permits we should be prepared to talk about

(1) what exactly are host / service certificates?  what
    are we certifying?  what do relying parties think they
    are getting?
(2) levels of assurance (LoA) in certs
    (what qualities RP's need in certs, and how to group
     those qualities)  I notice there's an LoA BOF elsewhere in sched.
    so perhaps some interaction can take place.

I don't think I will have anything to show (at least nothing
that I haven't had for TAGPMA or EUGridPMA)  but we can
at least make the discussion  open to people who don't
go to the PMA meetings.

(3) Attribute authorization services, VOMS, and Grid identity CAs
I see this as part of the (1) topic, but the service
concept itself is so important that it seems to need
particular attention.  (I don't think there is a completely
coherent summary of this - a grid usage paradigm would focus
on VOMS - assisted proxy certs, with some contents in the
proxy cert consisting of attributes signed by an attribute authority,
which at the moment is the host key of the VOMS service.)

Thanks, ==mwh
Michael Helm
ESnet/LBNL