[caops-wg] Teleconference

Mike Helm helm at fionn.es.net
Mon Jan 30 09:35:32 CST 2006

I can make this.  I have to do this at home today, due to the
short notice, & my telephone situation is not the best (my connection
will be noisy).

Beyond the discussion in email, here are some things I would suggest:

Specifying (== "recommending") a format for the AIA URL in conforming CAs
Spec a format for proxy registration URL
   Use the OCSP AIA
   Add to it
   Add new extension
   Describe the possibilities, leave for future standard
   Do we want to describe details of the registration protocol?
     No - leave for future standard
     Yes - just give basic requirements
        Technical question: how to specify a proxy revocation?
        I think the answer is, the complete chain from EE -> specific proxy cert
        Or can we count on specific proxy certs always being different from one
          another (key, attribute contents, time stamps, &c) so only a representation
          of the specific cert is needed?  I hope so.

Describe deployment usage scenarios a little more (as opposed to
   technical types): caching, local/VO-based, CA-based, clearinghouse
   Recommend PMA's or large VO's "sponsor" clearinghouse(s)?
   Recommend clearinghouses support proxy revocation registration?

Document:
   Add a digest of recommendations at the beginning (sections like
   recommendations for client, for responders, for CAs (particularly), with
   recs just in bullet or short sentence format)

   Some minor wording changes (coming)

Regards, ==mwh