Name Constraints, was Re: [caops-wg] Re: ca signing policy file

Cowles, Robert D. rdc at slac.stanford.edu
Sat Oct 15 21:12:59 CDT 2005

No .. but they seem very "sticky" and difficult to get rid of. I am
also aware of sites adding CA's to the trusted list without understanding
the implications of having a "trusted CA" that had no signing policy
constraints .... I could be wrong -- if a CA doesn't appear in the
signing policy file, is it unconstrained or competely constrained?
(if couse, if the latter, the site is likely to add an unconstrained
entry to get things working rather than try to figure out the proper
constraints.)

BC