[caops-wg] Fwd: SAML representation in GGF

Alan Sill Alan.Sill at ttu.edu
Sun Dec 11 10:34:26 CST 2005

I am in no way functioning as an organizer here, but would like to see
all with an interest in standards-based development for attribute-based
authorization as an OGSA component at the table.

Please see below for your opportunities to do so.  Please address
comments to Hiro Kishimoto for the OGSA-WG and to Dane Skow and Olle
Mulmo for the GGF Security area.  (Alternate or additional destinations
for these messages are welcome.)  I think it is high time we engaged in
positive communication on this issue.

With best wishes,
Alan

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Hiro Kishimoto <hiro.kishimoto at jp.fujitsu.com>
> Date: December 11, 2005 3:31:18 AM CST
> To: Alan Sill <Alan.Sill at ttu.edu>
> Cc: Von Welch <vwelch at NCSA.UIUC.EDU>, Chad La Joie
> <lajoie at georgetown.edu>, Frank Siebenlist <franks at mcs.anl.gov>, Dane
> Skow <dane at FNAL.GOV>, Mori <moritaku at bx.jp.nec.com>, David Chadwick
> <d.w.chadwick at kent.ac.uk>, Tom Maguire <maguire_tom at emc.com>, Savva
> Andreas <andreas.savva at jp.fujitsu.com>
> Subject: Re: SAML representation in GGF
>
> Hi Alan,
>
> Thank you very much for keeping the ball rolling.
>
> The latest proposed agenda for January OGSA-WG and the fellow WGs
> F2F meeting is attached. You can also find this document at the
> GridForge.
>
> https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/ogsa-wg/document/2006Jan-OGSA-
> F2F-agenda/en/3
>
> I am organizing this week long F2F meeting. However, each session
> is owned by session owner. Actually, OGSA security session (including
> OGSA-AuthZ WG joint session) in the afternoon January 19th is expected
> to be prepared by OGSA-WG security design team (Frank and Takuya) and
> OGSA-AuthZ WG (Von, David, and Alan).
>
> Personally, I would like to join attribute-based authorization
> discussion as an future OGSA security architecture.
>
> Please draw up detailed session agenda for F2F meeting and review it
> at upcoming OGSA-WG and OGSA-AuthZ WG joint call on December 19.
>
> If you have any farther question on F2F meeting, please let me know.
>
> Thanks,
> ----
> Hiro Kishimoto
>
> Alan Sill wrote:
>> Hiro,
>> Can you let us know about further plans within the OGSA-WG for
>> discussions?
>> (Apologies, this went out to the wrong address earlier.)
>> Thanks,
>> Alan
>> On Dec 8, 2005, at 12:00 PM, Chad La Joie wrote:
>>> For those that read my response to Alan, that's supposed to be caBIG
>>> fell down, not GGF.  Sorry, wrong acronym popped off my stack.

>>> --
>>> Chad La Joie             315Q St. Mary's Hall
>>> OIS-Middleware           202.687.0124

:  Alan Sill, Texas Tech University  Office: Admin 233, MS 4-1167  :
:  e-mail: Alan.Sill at ttu.edu   ph. 806-742-4350  fax 806-742-4358  :