Action Item on [cads] Community Council Meeting Minutes

Thilo Kielmann kielmann at cs.vu.nl
Wed May 24 08:08:21 CDT 2006

On Wed, May 24, 2006 at 08:58:04AM -0400, Alan Blatecky wrote:
> I don't think we should add infrastructure to the list....I think it is too
> broad; moreover, it would even supersede and significantly overlap with
> "Enterprise"  and the business communities.

I agree. Furthermore, "infrastructure" sounds too much like "Teragrid" or
"EGEE" which would be about building infrastructure.
This would be the wrong name for what we are looking for.

In fact, we are looking for a nice name that says "research". This is what we
intend, to get a forum for academic grid folks in GGF. (After we have scared
away most of them.)

"research" itself might not be sufficciently sexy to use.

What about "technology"? (as in 'technology innovators' -- the term used
GGF internally for researchers?)

I suggest to use either

a) technology
b) science and technology

In fact I prefer b) even though it is 2.5 words.

Thilo

Thilo Kielmann                                 http://www.cs.vu.nl/~kielmann/