[cads] moving ahead on ggf17

Dennis Gannon gannon at cs.indiana.edu
Wed Mar 29 08:00:23 CST 2006

hi Friends,
We need to get the GGF17 program finished and published by early next
week.   I need your help on identifing some key speakers for a few
panels.

On the first morning we have the opening address plenary.  Mark will
do a half hour of intro followed by 50 min presentation by Hiro.

then we have a half hour presentation by the japan cyber science director
prof. Sakauchi.  He needs to be officially invited.  Satoshi (M or S) can
you make an offical invitation?

we will then have a panel on the status of Big Grids.  The obvious
choices are Teragrid, Naregi, OSG, but i need contacts for some of the
big projects in the rest of the pacific rim?  please send me references
for names of projects and people to contact.

After lunch we have a panel on OGSA vs Alternatives.   The idea here is
to look into the debate about scope of OGSA vs. smaller, more focused
service architectures.  Good people for this would be David Snelling,
Andrew Grimshaw, Ian Foster, Tony Hey, Geoffrey Fox, Steve Newhouse, but
i am sure there are others.  I think Satoshi M. has agreed to moderate
this panel?  Is that correct Satoshi?  Please send me other names of
good people for this.

Finally on thurs morning we have a panel on Managing Large Data
Collections.  I have asked Beth Plale to organize this. She has agree
on the condition that the committee help her identify the right people
in asia who are involved in this aspect of grids?  who has large data
collections?  we need good contact names so that we may invite them.

being in tokyo makes it very important that we take the opportunity to
attract good people from the region to ggf, because these people may not
otherwise be available.  and we can expose more of the us and european
community to the work from the  asia pacific region.  So please help
us with names.

thanks!
dennis