[cads] update on GGF17

Dennis Gannon gannon at cs.indiana.edu
Tue Mar 28 06:56:26 CST 2006

hi folks,
as of friday we recieved 15 requests for community presentations/panels.
By doing a bit of compression (what i am talking about is to take some
suggested talks on related subjects and give them 40 min. each and put
them in the same 90 min. slot)  we can accomodate all of them.

things still to do:
1.  complete the planning for the "big grids" panel on weds.  that should
be an update on teragrid, OSG, NAREGI, and others in the region.

2.  plan the "OGSA & Alternatives" panel.

3.  complete the planning for the Big Data panel on thurs.

4,  contact craig lee to see if he is still interested in doing the vendor
adoption forum.

also note: i have not scheduled anything submitted though the general
working group/research group track.

and finally, there is a reason i do not show up on the community calls at
10:00 central.  they overlap with my teaching duties this semester.
i will try to be there this morning, but i cannot promise i will be there
for very long.

dennis