[cads] bounced note from Geoffrey

Craig Lee craig at rush.aero.org
Mon Nov 21 15:48:51 CST 2005

So meeting outside GGF is perhaps not necessarily a bad thing if
it enables the group to make vibrant progress with a meeting cadence
and locations that meet the group's needs.  What are the group's needs?
Do they need standards or just community?  If they primariliy need
f2f time to do the necessary coordination, etc., this could be done
at other meetings, such as SC, rather than having to make "yet another
trip" to GGF.  What we do want to keep, however, is a strong connection
with the group; where they do come in and collaborate with GGF sessions,
etc., from time to time.  Does GCE have something against GGF, or is it
just that the GGF meeting cadence, etc., does not generally meet their needs?

--Craig